270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: HVAC problem with my 03 Caravan  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Awards:
HVAC problem with my 03 Caravan
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:18:57 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have recently faced a problem with my 03 Caravan's HVAC. It operates (I as long as I change temperature, it works okay). Though, the air won't blow... So I wanted to ask you folks on what do I do to troubleshoot the problem and possible find what exactly failed. I have checked the condition of the HVAC hoses already, as well as the small valve that's in there, yet this part is fine, nothing closes the air flow from inside (at least, it's not about the hoses). What is to be checked next, folks?
 :helpsmilie:

Offline Snapdragon

• Awards:
Re: HVAC problem with my 03 Caravan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:27:29 am »
Wanted to share with you folks the solution I found. There appears to be a realy (HVAC relay) that operates the system. In my case, I discovered the relay failure by checking the error codes with that OBDII tool. So I grabbed the new one (https://www.carid.com/hvac-relays/), and hope that the replacement will do that.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 09:56:08 am by Snapdragon »

Offline Drew

• I'm a verb, ask me how you can drew
  • Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonor400 HPArmyTechCert
Re: HVAC problem with my 03 Caravan
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:24:14 pm »
A friend's 99 Durango did a similar thing with the rear heat and a/c. Found out there is a fuse box located in the steering column with 4 fuses to operate the rear controls and fan. This box is in no manual.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc