270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: My '07 R/T  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
My '07 R/T
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »
Traded the Dak in on this last night.  07 R/T with AWD and 73K miles.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4ruZ9yReLjBDU_p-2GtoWTC4ijkr_wvDyRmjO1r19bE?feat=directlink

Now she needs a name.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:21:59 pm by Verrucktwolf »
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
Re: My '07 R/T
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 05:35:34 pm »
No more kota??  :pout:
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:46:10 pm »
Nope, I needed something that gets better then 15-16 MPG.  I really hated to see the Dak go, but that won't be my last truck.
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:58:31 pm »
Not a bad looking ride.  How does this do for MPG?

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:25:49 pm »
Supposed to be 23 city and 26 highway.  I've only gone through a 1/4 tank but put 112 miles on it.  So with a 16 gal tank, that's 4 gals used at 28MPG.  And of course being new to me, that was with a WOT a few times lol.

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 02:40:39 am »
nice, gotta make sacrifices
theres a couple srts running around here, ones modded and it looks pretty sick...
im just throwing that out there.. ;)

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:07:39 am »
For now it's staying stock.  The whole purpose of trading in the Dak was to save money on gas lol.  Maybe if I can get a second job or even more overtime at my 1st job, then I might get some upgrades :devil2:

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:08 pm »
For now it's staying stock.  The whole purpose of trading in the Dak was to save money on gas lol.  Maybe if I can get a second job or even more overtime at my 1st job, then I might get some upgrades :devil2:

Well, strike the upgrades.  Found out that since my Cali has the CVT transmission, the only upgrades I can do is intake, headers and exhaust.  Even though it's the same motor as the SRT-4, the tranny can't handle that much torque over stock before it blows up. 

And Bat, I might have to commission you to make me something for the Cali.  I'm on a Caliber message board and they are removing the stock intake funnel and making their own out of sheet metal and the like.  If I can get a basic design fabbed up, would you be willing to make me a Gothom City Chop Shop intake funnel?

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 01:23:08 am »
I think I could manage that, just gotta be real precise with the measurements as to how it mounts and such

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 07:15:45 pm »

Well, strike the upgrades.  Found out that since my Cali has the CVT transmission, the only upgrades I can do is intake, headers and exhaust.  Even though it's the same motor as the SRT-4, the tranny can't handle that much torque over stock before it blows up. 

And Bat, I might have to commission you to make me something for the Cali.  I'm on a Caliber message board and they are removing the stock intake funnel and making their own out of sheet metal and the like.  If I can get a basic design fabbed up, would you be willing to make me a Gothom City Chop Shop intake funnel?

I think that would be awesome  :2cool:

Cant wait to see how it turns out  :popc:
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 05:32:51 am »
I'll get the measurements hopefully tomorrow (if it's not raining), but here are pics of the rough intake funnel a guy made.

Offline 1ACarlos

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 10:26:34 pm »
Nice

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »
Hey, curious how your mpg's have been now that you've had it for awhile. And what's the likely hood you've had a car seat in the back seat?

We might look into replacing the saturn and the idea would be to get something that semi comfortably  fit car seats and gets decent milage. Let the durango sit unless we need to haul something.

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »
Even though I use the Cali for my pizza delivery job and I've got a lead foot, I'm still getting 23 mpg consistently (and my Cali is AWD, so a FWD one should be even better).  And I had a car seat in it a few weeks ago and it fit fine.  This was one of the car seats that the seatbelt slips through the back and then locks like normal but it has the hooks in the back of the seat to attach the newer car seats. 

Offline theking01

• Awards:
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:48 am »

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc