270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: tire pressure light is on but pressure is right  (Read 1256 times)

Offline Jassers

• Awards:
tire pressure light is on but pressure is right
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:21:12 pm »
I just bought a 2011 Ram 1500. The low pressure light is on and the pressure for the rear drivers side tire is flashing. It is at 38 psi and the other tires are at the same pressure. Im gonna assume the sensor is bad. maybe it can be relearned or reset. It did go 1 or 2 psi lower than other tires but I added air and drove it for many days now. 

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: tire pressure light is on but pressure is right
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 02:18:50 pm »
Normally if the sensor is bad the TPMS light flashes continually on startup, then stays on solid during operation.  Don't forget the spare ~ it's monitored also.  Are you still on stock (or direct replacement) tires?  The TPMS is set for the stock rim/tire combo (door panel PSI not tire) and it doesn't learn what the new correct pressure is.  When I replaced the tires on my '09 Dak I tried  to get it reprogrammed...was told no :( So my light comes on when ever it wants now.
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Jassers

• Awards:
Re: tire pressure light is on but pressure is right
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 07:35:06 am »
I was able to get the light off. I looked at wrong pressure . Filled to 40 psi and light went off. It was weird because the numbers were 32,33,33,35. One of the ones that read 33 was blinking and others were not so I thought it was just the one tire.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc