270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Air Suspension Failure  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Ripped

• Awards:
Air Suspension Failure
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:41:48 pm »
Please send me an email and share your Dodge air suspension failures. My personal experience entails many failures with my 2016 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Laramie Limited 4x4. Two different Dodge dealers in Alberta Canada have tried on several attempts to repair the air system.
Several problems have occurred and re-occurred. These include sitting higher on one side than the other, compressor failure, ride height sensor lever failure, freezing of air ports, and leaking struts. The front end has fallen on its face with no suspension many times and each time the garage works on it and has a different reason/excuse as to what failed and supposedly fixed it, only for it to continue to fail. After thousands of dollars in repairs, vehicle rentals etc, I still have no front suspension and cannot drive the truck. Oh ya, you can add 2 wheel bearings to the cost/repair list due to the fallen front end. So here I am currently facing another approx. $2500 for a new compressor, and $3000 for struts plus installation!! That is in addition to the several thousand I've already spent. "Not a chance!!"

My frustration has led me to bypass the Dodge air system almost entirely. I disconnected the electronics, bypassed the air compressor, and installed all new individual air lines with standard air fittings mounted beside the license plate in the rear bumper. I even replaced the swivel fittings on the struts with stationary fittings and used no couplers at all to reduce the possibility of any leaks. In a couple of days I am installing Rancho Air Levelers in the front to replace the front struts. For now the rear air bags will stay in place as they are holding.

Once I am done fixing these Dodge defects/failures, I will be adding up all bills and sending a detailed letter to my Dealer and then to Chrysler head office. If not satisfied with their response, I will be looking at legal action.

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
Re: Air Suspension Failure
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:28:45 pm »
Good luck!
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc