270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: quadzilla commander for pod gauges...  (Read 2300 times)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
quadzilla commander for pod gauges...
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:16:53 pm »
i have the quad commander installed in my truck now and was thinking if it would be hard to trade for the 3 round pod gauges... would i have to re-run all the wires or would i be able to work off what i have now? i figured this is a long shot but if anyone has the 3 pod gauges with the plastic mount piece and was wanting to trade for my digital set up i would be interested if it wouldn't be to much trouble to swap...

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline REDR6

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    Marine Corp
Re: quadzilla commander for pod gauges...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:20:38 am »
Why the switch?
Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!

I think life is too short to spend your time working someplace where people don't crap their pants at the mere sight of you.

2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto!

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Re: quadzilla commander for pod gauges...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:52:40 pm »
well assuming the switch would even be worth it... i just dont like the digital thing. when i bought this i was just coming off my EDGE craze and thought that if i bought digital i would control a chip like the EDGE unit does. i never even ended up getting a module that can be controlled by this unit and now i have a smarty.

i have always LOVED the look of the 3 gauge pod going up the handle thingy. it just does not work for me visually.

im sure this commander is more logical to keep being that it controls many things but i just would love to have another look from the drivers seat.

once thing i do think i would miss though is the data logging. its always nice to see what my peak EGT was after a long trip or after getting stupid on the long and skinny.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc