270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Second Gen Pix  (Read 35098 times)

Offline Motorbrreath

• Tech Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Moosehead - in Montana its not just a beer.
  • Awards:
    TechMileHighDonor
Re: Second Gen Pix
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 08:40:50 pm »
May-

I remember seein that interior shot with the a pillar a couple months ago on DF. Man what a difference it makes. I wanna get a 2 gauge pillar for mine, but im gonna hold off.
I love the rims, and the fact its a longbed. The longwheel base is king. Have you straped it to the dyno recently?

1993 W250 12 valve
hx40, 75hp sticks, m4, 4000 gov, arp's , 60lb springs, electric lift pump, timing advanced, full power screw bottomed, smoke screw turned up, star wheel turned 2 turns.
Chris

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 09:08:56 pm »
No, I haven't strapped it down. I don't think I wanna know.

HA HA !!

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 03:01:03 pm »
since it sounds like you guys like the long beds here is another for you to check out.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:05:03 pm by Justviper1 »
01 Ram 2500 QCLB 150 HP DDP Injectors, APR Studs, HTT 71 series turbo, Industrial Injection VP44, 4.5 Skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R16 tires, 5 Inch Custom Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage 2, AirDog 150, Adrenaline with Pulse V2, T/C lockup switch, Billet Garmon Transmission, LED taillights, Projector Headlights with HID High,Low and Fog Lights all LED Putco exterior lights

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »
mayfair if you come on a trip up to the pittsburgh area then i will fix your truck for you!  actually i will ask my uncle who i know has had this issue with some other dodges before.  im sure he will know.  im thinking that you might have a line that is partially plugged and thats what your problem is but let me check to be sure.
01 Ram 2500 QCLB 150 HP DDP Injectors, APR Studs, HTT 71 series turbo, Industrial Injection VP44, 4.5 Skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R16 tires, 5 Inch Custom Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage 2, AirDog 150, Adrenaline with Pulse V2, T/C lockup switch, Billet Garmon Transmission, LED taillights, Projector Headlights with HID High,Low and Fog Lights all LED Putco exterior lights

Offline Motorbrreath

• Tech Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Moosehead - in Montana its not just a beer.
  • Awards:
    TechMileHighDonor
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 01:14:46 am »
wow... thats a bad ass CTD. We should have a long bed of the month  :cheers:

1993 W250 12 valve
hx40, 75hp sticks, m4, 4000 gov, arp's , 60lb springs, electric lift pump, timing advanced, full power screw bottomed, smoke screw turned up, star wheel turned 2 turns.
Chris

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 06:15:25 am »
thanks.  i try to keep it as nice and clean as possible so that it will last me forever.  i usually only keep my trucks for about two years but i think that this one is here to stay.  i can't imagine if i had to get rid of it.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 04:25:28 pm »
First off, Motor sick looking job with the liner. I personally love it. Secondly Viper equally sick truck, got a question for ya though..how do you like those turn down tips. Sound nice?

My lug nuts take more torque than your ricer makes.

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 06:01:27 pm »
i really liked the turn downs because all you saw from the back of the truck was just the tip of them hanging down.  The only problem that i had was that i couldn't put on the hitch with them were they were so i had to move them and then found a good deal on the new tips that i have on it now so thats why they are not behind the rear wheels.

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »
the turn downs actually sounded the same as it does now with them out to the side.  remember though that mine is a ctd and not gas.

Offline Mowhawk

• Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 07:23:14 pm »
oh so you dont have turn downs now? What are those in your picture? CTD or gaser  its a dodge its badass.

My lug nuts take more torque than your ricer makes.

Offline Scott91370

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 07:54:18 pm »
They are turn downs, but they are on a CTD (the one in the pic).
Scott

2001 CTD, 4.5" Lift, 35's, 5" turbo back exhaust, banks wastegate actuator, some bully dog thing

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »
mayfair if you come on a trip up to the pittsburgh area then i will fix your truck for you! 
I may just take you up on that offer Viper - THANK YOU !! I know jack about a/c's and don't really have anyone nearby to teach me.

Thanks !!!

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 04:42:38 am »
i was actually talking to my dad about it and he said that if he could put a gauge on it then he could better understand what it was doing.  he said it could be one of the following... the line that is frozen to the drier is half way plugged,  could be too full of 134 refrigerant if someone else has charged it, could have some condensation built up in the lines and is freezing them as well.  like i said if you are ever near by stop and i will c what i can do.  im helping behindbars out on thursday with his window tint.  he is bringing his truck in and i have a guy that is coming to the garage to darken them up for him.

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 06:10:13 am »
You're helping bars out? That's awesome !!
PROPS to you Viper !

Offline Lead Head

• Courtesy Driver
  • Awards:
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 02:02:49 pm »
I was trying to get some help as to why thepiece with the arrow kept freezing up on me. My A/C would work absolutely fine, but then when I started turning down the fan speed, that thingamabob would freeze up and A/C would be non existant until it thawed out. it still does it, I haven't figured it out yet.

Here it is all frozen:

I can walk you through the battery tender thing. It was pretty simple actually. I wired it in when I moved my plug in spot to the rear instead of the front. Since I back into my drive, having it in the rear just made it easier.

The green thing on top should be your low pressure cut off switch. As the temperature drops, the pressure on the low or "cold" side of the A/C system drops, and this switch is directly connected to the A/C compressor clutch, and when the pressure hits a certain value, the compressor should click off, then click back on once the pressure comes back up. Next time it gets very very close, or starts to freeze up, see if the compressor is clicking on and off, if it isn't, you need to replace the switch. You'll probably have to take it into the shop for them to fix it though.

Anyways, That is my dad's old 1997 2500 5.9 Gasser, extended cab long bed. It was a company truck, but for all intents and purposes it was his truck, until his company sold it and stuck him with an SUV. Kind of sucks loading a bunch of lumber into a little SUV :-/
Ian

'87 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 2.9L V6. Needs some work, but it will do until I am out of school. Plan to get 94-2001 Ram 2500 eventually.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc