270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: any sky divers here?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
any sky divers here?
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:33:41 am »
this was my first jump out of 3 (so far ;D). its only a small portion of the actual video and being my first jump i was kinda quite because i was SCARED SHITTLESS but all in all it made for a great experience! this jump was in lake whales Florida and the only reason it came about was because i was a $25 dollar coupon in a travel booklet. HAHA! my other 2 jumps have been here in Michigan but i have no videos, i only plan to pay again to have my first solo jump taped.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
Re: any sky divers here?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:45:26 am »
OH HEEELLLLL NOOOOOOO :down:

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Offline spencea15

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    DonorShade Tree Cert
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 01:14:07 am »
i have always wanted to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
2000 Dakota CC slt plus, v6 :( auto.

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 02:05:24 am »
Man!  I'm afraid of heights, but that looks AWESOME!!!

I've actually wanted to try it!
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:23:24 am »
Congrats. And you did it for a $25 coupon? You could've offered me $1 million and like buf, OHHHH HEELLLL NOOOO! Go down a damp dark empty mineshaft? no problem. Run my jeep off the top of a sand cliff, done that. Stick my head in a 3 phase switch gear, no sweat. Jump out a airplane? Never, ever. Man, they must clank when you walk!

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline Dieselrider23

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorArmyContributor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:44:53 am »
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!  :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Im wanting to go skydive sometime soon. I jumped out of perfectly "good" airplanes quite a few times in the army but only from 1000 ft. i want to go higher and free fall for a while  :up: :up: :up:
Currently Cumminsless.

Offline Parts/Service

• Super Dave!!
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    MOTYDonorDistinguishedTech
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 04:00:07 am »
On my 40th Birthday, I woke the wife up and we went skydiving.  It was a blast, but very tiring. I guess from the altitude.  I was so ready to get out of the little cesna as I had almost no room to move.  Its amazing how quiet it gets when you pop the chute

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 04:47:46 am »
I've never been sky diving.  One of these days though when I dont spend money on my truck. (Yeah so It may be a while) I would REALLY like to find some place and do a HALO jump.

Yes, I do have a wild streak I let out to play sometimes.
659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 04:48:24 am »
it is truly the coolest thing ive ever took part in! its really not as bad as most of you think, actually my brother hates heights and cant do roller coasters and he said it as alright. the most scariest part to most is the parachute ride down, thats when you really feel the forces for some odd reason. the free fall is no big deal at all, all my butterfly's come with the chute being popped out. i have done a jump at 14k, 13k, and 10k... the higher is always better for that extra few seconds of free fall!

Its amazing how quiet it gets when you pop the chute

this is true dave, its amazing! i live for the chute ride down, the free fall is cool too but until i can jump alone... its not a completely freestyle free fall when you got a man strapped to your back.

i have also been up in an air balloon which was equally as amazing due to the quietness as you float above forest and lakes.

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 04:49:11 am »
whats a HALO jump ::?:

Offline BigRiver

• The Patriot Missile
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100k600 HPROTMDonation
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 04:59:23 am »
whats a HALO jump ::?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HALO_jump

High Altitude Low Opening

Congrats on the sky diving. Just not my gig........done other stuff, but I'll leave the stories to you to share with us!

Plain Jane Stock (for now)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 05:47:48 am »
by all means walt... SHARE!

im curious what kind of stuff everyone gets into here other than a lot of torque and beer  :scratch:

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 05:53:43 am »
that halo deal sounds sweet! anything around 25k-35k would be amazing to fall from! of coarse oxygen would have to be involved but who cares!

im a little confused on what altitude you would pull the chute at? when i hear high altitude low opening i think if pulling close to the ground. it says in the wiki version that you pull shortly after leaving the plane and make an effort to travel many miles in the air with your chute?!

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 06:11:03 am »
that halo deal sounds sweet! anything around 25k-35k would be amazing to fall from! of coarse oxygen would have to be involved but who cares!

im a little confused on what altitude you would pull the chute at? when i hear high altitude low opening i think if pulling close to the ground. it says in the wiki version that you pull shortly after leaving the plane and make an effort to travel many miles in the air with your chute?!

Jumping  from 25k+ feet just sounds cool.  ;D
659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 07:47:03 am »

There's two versions:
HALO-High Altitude, Low Opening, which you would free fall for much longer and then open your chute closer to the ground, usually Spec Ops is shown as doing this in the movies... where they are streaming through the Air and such...

HAHO-High Altitude, High Opening, which is where you open your chute very early in the jump and glide on it down for quite a while... can be better for hitting an exact spot, or if you need to travel a much furthur distance (from my understanding)

As for the actual jumping, The Army decided it would be a good idea to see if they can throw me out of an airplane a few times... I'll see how well I do.

I imagine Rich will blog my successes daily...  (he has  :quote: connections :quote: )

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc