0 (0%)
3 Star
1 (8.3%)
4 Star
0 (0%)
5 Star
11 (91.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Billet Badges  (Read 9462 times)

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    500ROTMDonorContributorArmy
Billet Badges
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:12:15 am »
On March 1st, I got a payment received notification.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:36 AM , Mitchell Peterson wrote:

> Can I expect my badges to come in before the 2nd? I have a show and
> shine to attend on the 4th.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell Keith Peterson Jr.

Yes, you should have them by then.  I will be milling them all next week
I just finished cutting the blanks out for powder coating and should
have them on Monday to mill out.  I will make a note on your order that
you need them before the 4th.  Thanks.

Steve Smart
Billet Badges

RE: RE: 2) Blk cummins SRT6 unpainted Billet Badges group buy
Friday, April 3, 2009 7:31 AM
I have yet to receive my badges. Tomorrow is my show and shine, and I need them today. Have you sent mine out yet?

Thanks,
Mitchell Keith Peterson Jr.

Click-N-Ship(R) Notification
Friday, April 3, 2009 4:14 PM

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service at the request of STEVE SMART. If the "Shipped To" address information is not correct, please contact the Shipper.

A package with a Click-N-Ship label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 04/03/2009.

As stated above, we agreed the Badges would be here, BY the 4th. They were shipped out today. They will not get here until Monday the earliest.
I did not receive the product I have paid for, on time, on the date we agreed on.

I emailed the seller, and I never received an email in return, just a shipped notification from the shipping company.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:46:58 pm by Cumminalong »
2022 2500 Laramie CCLB, 6.7 CTD, stock
57 Chevy 3200 pickup, 12V swap
1985 Jeep CJ10A former Tug- Dana 60, 6cyl Nissan diesel
2020 Mahindra Roxor, Dana 60s F/R, Ag tires

Offline FroneDaddy

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    MileHighShade TreeDonorContributorFF
Re: Billet Badges
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:51:27 am »
Az, did you give him full opportunity to explain or make right before he gets a negative review?

There could have been circumstances beyond his control that he was not able to get them out in time and maybe he wasn't able to get you any more info today other than the click-n-ship email.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:07:10 am by FroneDaddy »
I'm An and I Drive A

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 02:11:30 am »
I have emailed him before, as stated above, and we agreed they would be delivered by the 4th. I don't think there is anything else that can be said. I was told the product I have already paid for would be delivered by a set date, the date was not met. So I think I did everything on my part. I have yet to receive an email from Billet Badges as of right now.

Offline rocko

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSMC
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 02:43:30 am »
Thank you for the honest review.  Hope you are able to work everything out with Billet Badges.
'04 2500 5.9L CTD Auto, Smarty S06 POD, AFE Stage II Intake, S&B Intake Manifold, Quadzilla Scout Monitor, Dog House Diesel Transmission Temp Thingy, I.I. Adjustable Boost Elbow, Mag-Hytec Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, 4" Diamond Eye Exhaust, EBC Pads and Rotors, Prodigy Brake Controller.

"I need to watch things die." - M.J.K.

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 02:51:10 am »
There is nothing to work out. The show and shine is tomorrow at noon. I am leaving at 700 am tomorrow. Even if he overnighted them, I still won't be at home to get them on. Billet Badges does great work, and I love the badges, but the customer service sucks. I do realize it is 2 man running the business, but that still does not change the fact that he did not deliver on time. I don't like bashing, as I would like to do business with him again, but I am upset over this. They were $118. $118 for something that could have waited a year while I am away, but pushed it to be on the truck for this event.

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 04:28:28 am »
WOW AZ I'm really sorry to hear that things didn't work out. Have you already shaved your old ones?

Offline 5-O Cummins

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    400 HPDonationSheriff
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 08:40:02 pm »
Still waiting on mine too.  I'm gonna shoot him a pm and check the status.

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 12:36:35 pm »
I think what EVERYONE needs to do is read the ground rules we laid out for this sections.

So "I", "ME", "Rich" deleted all the posts in here except the ones relative to the initial post.

:90:

If someone has an issue with that, take it up with me.

Please read below....specifically #1!

This area is the place to give feedback for those you have done business with.  Feel free to post positive or negative reviews of your dealings, but please follow the guidelines:

1. NO FLAME WARS, NAME CALLING, UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS, ETC
2. Reviews are fair game for both the buyer and seller
3. For new threads, post the name of the person/business/vendor in the thread topic
4. If you start a new thread, please start it as a poll with 5 options of 1 star (worst), 2 star, 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star (best) options.
      Give a helpful description for the poll such as ''Please score this vendor - 1 being WORST, 5 the BEST''
5. DO NOT vote in a poll without posting to explain why you are pleased or upset with that vendor!
6. Please SEARCH to see if the vendor you wish to review has a thread started already before starting a new topic.
7. Give a fully detailed description of why you are giving good/bad reviews
8. Please keep these threads on topic.

Any threads that get out of hand are subject to being locked, moved to NHB, and/or deleted at admin/moderator discretion.

Let's keep this section relevant so that we all have a handy reference for who to do business with and who to avoid consolidated into one place.

Feel free to give feedback of anyone you've done business with that we all may want to know.  Everyone is fair game: your fellow members, official DOF Vendors, and outside companies can all be given kudos or smacked upside the head here.

REMEMBER:  This is ONLY for those parties that have done business, not for what a friend of a friend told you about a place, what you've read on other forums, what you think someone is like.  Stick to the facts here.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 12:39:37 pm by Cumminalong »

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:47:54 pm »
Guys, in all fairness to Steve, these are one off pieces and when he does the group buys he "normally" sends them out in the order they were received.

He does not start cutting them until the group buy ends.

Everytime he does a group buy, he pretty specifically says that you can expect your badges 2 - 3 weeks AFTER the closing of the group buy.

It's not like going to McDonald's and ordering the #2 meal.

This group buy was not only on here, it was also on a few other forums as well and EVERYONE wants their's the day after they are cut. It's not that easy.

Also, keep in mind that Steve is a small business and, especially now, keeping costs low and STAYING IN BUSINESS in a small niche environment is tough.

He does great quality custom work and you get what you pay for. Sometimes you have to wait for quality.

He has to cut the blanks, polish, cut the images, polsih, paint the various colors that folks want, polish........that's a lot of work for a small operation.

You guys know how I am about customer sevice and I don't take it lightly. I've had Dave, Randy and Steve in my signature area for quite a while now BECAUSE they have provided great customer service.

Please remember that this area is for honest, well thoughout, legitimate feedback, not pissing contests. Take it to PM if you need to.

Thanks,

Rich
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:26:47 pm by Cumminalong »

Offline REDR6

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    Marine Corp
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 03:01:47 pm »
I think that we all understand that business is business and things happen. To me it came across as this, he either needed them for this event or not at all. He talked to them and asked if this was possible. He took their word that they would be ready for the show and when they were not, he was upset. Like he said up top, he didn't  :quote: need :quote: them right now, but if they would have been ready in time for the show, he wanted them. Now if that isn't what happened, then Steve should say so. I only have info from one side to read.

To me, not meeting an agreed to time line IS a customer service related issue. You could have had great experience with them when he did not. Isn't that the whole reason behind the number voting in the reviews? :scratch: This way, they get the average of what everyone thinks, not just one happy guy or one pissed guy.

Also, what happened to the 1-5 or 1-10 voting scale?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:05:02 pm by REDR6 »
Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!

I think life is too short to spend your time working someplace where people don't crap their pants at the mere sight of you.

2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto!

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 03:59:28 pm »
I'll chime in with my experience ...

I ordered these badges STRICTLY out of peer pressure :43: and also because they are beautiful.

Steve has offered several times to do a custom color for me, which IMO is stand up customer service. I never gave them a time line, and all that I ask is that it is "In my lifetime", I'm really not too worried about it. It's not like I 'need' them, and because I have them on order and I have proof, I now have YOU monkeys off of my back

:43:

Offline Mitch

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 04:10:12 pm »

Mayfair, other wise known as "The Peacekeeper"

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 01:20:01 am »
My badge was delivered yesterday.

I'm VERY pleased with the way it turned out!

I think it looks great, and will be a great addition to my truck (will be installed sometime late in May  :whistling:)

Thanks Steve!

I'd give you 5 stars, but unable in this thread

Tom
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »
My badge was delivered yesterday.

:pics:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:47:58 pm by mayfair »

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:55:52 pm »
Ok, OK!   :argh:

No Flash

Flash

FYI - those spots in the words that look like paint missing is just reflections - it's fully painted!   :clap:
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc