270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Ideas for upgrading TV antenna for Ram conversion van  (Read 7596 times)

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
Ideas for upgrading TV antenna for Ram conversion van
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:39:55 am »
My dad has a 97 Ram Mark III conversion van and with the recent change to digital tv he now has to put a converter in it to pick up signal.  While we put it in he was wondering if there was any way to boost the antenna reception.  He is looking for something that we can hook up in the roof behind the tv similar to how it is now.  He doesn't want to have to drill any holes in the body and mount an external antenna.  We also have 110 wired throughout the van and up by the tv if that helps for any good ideas. 
01 Ram 2500 QCLB 150 HP DDP Injectors, APR Studs, HTT 71 series turbo, Industrial Injection VP44, 4.5 Skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R16 tires, 5 Inch Custom Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage 2, AirDog 150, Adrenaline with Pulse V2, T/C lockup switch, Billet Garmon Transmission, LED taillights, Projector Headlights with HID High,Low and Fog Lights all LED Putco exterior lights

Offline noplugs

• Kung Fu Panda! - closeted conservative
  • Administrator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • This thing has 4 wheel drive?
  • Awards:
    600 HPShade TreeDistinguishedApril ROTMDonor
Re: Ideas for upgrading TV antenna for Ram conversion van
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 04:33:17 am »
My dad has a 97 Ram Mark III conversion van and with the recent change to digital tv he now has to put a converter in it to pick up signal.  While we put it in he was wondering if there was any way to boost the antenna reception.  He is looking for something that we can hook up in the roof behind the tv similar to how it is now.  He doesn't want to have to drill any holes in the body and mount an external antenna.  We also have 110 wired throughout the van and up by the tv if that helps for any good ideas. 

Well, its going to depend on how you use the tv. While driving or stationary, etc

You can go out to this site to find out more about the stations you are interested in and whether they are VHF or UHF. That will have a bearing on what kind of antenna you get.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

Its actually a really helpful site and shows all the stations in your area and their distance and bearing from your "address".
659 HP/1287 TQ -- She's BACK!  Yeah,,, nope she's not stock..

Doghouse Diesel Performance rocks

Nothing is exactly as it seems,nor is it otherwise

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:23:54 pm »
Thats a nice idea but we are not always in the same location when my dad uses it.  All it has now is a piece of foil so anything is better than that.
01 Ram 2500 QCLB 150 HP DDP Injectors, APR Studs, HTT 71 series turbo, Industrial Injection VP44, 4.5 Skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R16 tires, 5 Inch Custom Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage 2, AirDog 150, Adrenaline with Pulse V2, T/C lockup switch, Billet Garmon Transmission, LED taillights, Projector Headlights with HID High,Low and Fog Lights all LED Putco exterior lights

Offline FroneDaddy

• Shade Tree Certified
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    MileHighShade TreeDonorContributorFF
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 02:31:14 pm »
DirecTV :up:

I think right now they have a promotion where if you sign up they give you a second dish to take in your vehicle, boat, RV, vacation home, etc.

All you have to do is take one of your receivers with you.
I'm An and I Drive A

Offline Justviper1

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorContributor
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 10:28:44 pm »
Haha!  We just got Dish Network in the house this fall!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc