270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Squeaky sound in the front?!  (Read 7053 times)

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
Re: Squeaky sound in the front?!
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 03:01:10 am »
Unfortunately that is what aftermarket warranty's are good at....stalling and refusing. They can be bastards to work with. See if you can get the mechanic to use the good NAPA joints and charge the warranty for the stock ones? Isn't the new tie rod assembly warranted by Dodge? Seems I remember something about that. Just remember the warranty contract is gospel, they will follow it to the letter, vary by one vowel and they can/will deny the claims. Good luck to you.  :up:

p.s.---I never heard of breaking a hub when taking it off? Didn't know this was an issue?

Well, to tell a little about what i ended up finding out today:

Aftermarket warranty's are worded to protect them from being able to SCREW people! There was a book that i got with my contract and there was a lot of reading, i guess i missed a few points that they must of covered up with some type of fancy wording. The warranty deductible is only for ONE specific job, if i go in there for U-joints, a tie rod and a window motor they are considered 3 different jobs which calls for 3 different deductibles. WTF is that about??

Good thing is was my uncle that was doing the work at the shop he works at, i guess the warranty company would of charged me $400 because they also did something with some pins in the front end (i dont remember exactly what). The warranty company even put up a fight to pay for what was already being done.

I did not get my tie rod done because of the end not being in production no more. The shop needed to order a whole new tie rod but the company would not pay for it because it was considered a "modification". What kind of bullshit is that? Something is broke and i can not have it fixed through my warranty?

I also had to buy a new wheel bearing assembly with my own coin. Those pricks would not pay for anything to be done other than the U-joints even know the bearings need to come off to get to the u-joints. If the bearings do not come out (like one of my decided to do), what are you suppose to do?

To say the least, i am F'n PISSED  :bat:

I have plans to wait until the check clears for the little work that i got out of them pricks, then calling them up literally grabbing ther throat's through the phone and canceling my service. I have not even reached the half way point of this warranty, the first time i decide to use it they give me and the shop hell for doing the work that should of been covered  :scratch:

I feel sorry for who ever answer's the phone that day  :dots:

Also Ken, you were right, i had it wrong... It was the wheel bearings that were in danger of not coming out  :doh: (my bad)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:02:47 am by nickcoletti »

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline CrazyCooter

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
    US Army
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:27 pm »
Yep - that's a bad u joint if I ever saw one!

Yes I have to agree with you on that.

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2009, 02:36:51 am »
Yup, they were both bad!

Its all fixed up now with the greaseable joints so lets see if this does any better... 

05 2500 AUTO 4X4 4:10 LARAMIE CTD-CAT/SILENCER RING?, AERO 4040XL, SMARTY, XM RADIO, RECON CAB LIGHTS, CUP SMOOTHIE, QUAD COMMANDER, CFM+ MANIFOLD, S&B INTAKE, FOX WEATHER BOOTS

Offline CrazyCooter

• Gas Pumper
  • Awards:
    US Army
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2009, 02:05:22 pm »
I'm sure it will make a big change.

Offline Skyd Ram

• 8 Lug Truck Gear
  • Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »
Nick,
Did you end up returning the Ujoints to NAPA? I need one or two for the weekend and none of the NAPA's up this way have any in stock plus I could help you out if you still had them.

If not, United down at 13 and Gratiot has a set that I can go get.

George

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 11:18:33 pm »
Its good to see that your all fixed up. As for the tie rod thing, Wasn't there a recall or TSB or something to that effect concerning the front steering conversion from old to new? Not a 4x4 owner so I didn't pay much attention. Aftermarket warranties can be scary. From dealing with an aftermarket company over my 5th wheel, and reading about others on the RV forums, you can guarantee that they will follow the contract to the letter. Basically, if it says they cover a certain part, they will. If the pats that fasten it on are bad and not mentioned, no coverage. Had a electric motor/gearbox for my slide out go bad (cheap cast of gear box broke at mounting bolts). Took the dealer 2 days to finally convince them that the motor and gearbox were one part. They would not cover replacement of the motor as it still worked.  :censored: :argh: So when it comes to extended/aftermarket warranties remember to read and understand each and every word.

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2009, 12:16:50 am »
So George, you ever find the u-joints that i returned to napa?

Ken- You aint kidding about the warranty company covering what they have listed word for word! Im glad to have gotten out of that deal but i still have not seen the money go back to my principle like they said it was going to. Im sure it will end up in there sooner or later, ill just have to keep calling to make sure.

As far as getting them to cover everything, the guys at the shop found a loop hole. They said that the customer (me) came in with complains of a squeak. Since i came in for a squeak, they had to fix everything that could of potentially squeaked that was going bad. It was a pretty neat move on the managers part, im glad that he outsmarted them so i only had to pay one deductible.

As far as the tie rods, i never got them fixed BUT they did end up getting the whole replacement unit for me and threw it in the back of my truck. I forgot the reason why the warranty company would not cover it but the shop did end up ordering the parts that the warranty WOULD pay for so now all that i have to do it buy a few small cheap parts to complete what i need. My uncle said he can just slap them on out of his garage when im ready so again, it was cool to see the shop work with me to get the max out of that stupid warranty company.

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2009, 02:48:34 am »
Glad to see its coming out okay. Keep tabs on the warranty company as they are also notorious for taking there sweet time with refunds.  :down:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickC

• Mechanical God!!!
  • V-neck pimp daddy
  • Awards:
    100kHeavyrotm400Donor
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2009, 03:07:42 am »
Yea i noticed...

Its been a little over a month now that it has been canceled and i have yet to see anything returned.

In regards to the refund, i have called the bank that my loan is through, they told me to call the warranty company. Then after 2 people and 20 minutes of waiting on hold, the warranty company told me to call the dealer. At this time i was not only fed up with waiting but also knew that the dealer might of been closed so i figured i would give it another week and go from there.

I hate when i dont have a good grasp on things  >:(

Offline Skyd Ram

• 8 Lug Truck Gear
  • Oil Changer
  • Awards:
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 11:40:20 pm »
Nick,
I ended up getting a Spicer joint from one of my drivetrain accounts.
Now fi I can just get the clips off of the bearing caps! :argh:

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc