270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Lesson 7: Stained glass / Abstract cell background  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Taurus

• Master Technician
  • Respect My Authority!
  • Awards:
    rotmContributorDonation
Lesson 7: Stained glass / Abstract cell background
« on: July 28, 2009, 03:35:56 am »
another quick and simple background, this time using the stained glass effect.

step 1

open a new project.  I happen to be creating a 1000px by 1000px for this example.

step 2

create 4 to 6 blank layers.

step 3

set the foreground color to white and the background color to black.  Then render clouds on each layer by selecting filter>render>clouds.

step 4

render difference clouds on a few of the layers by selecting filter>render>difference clouds.  I've rendered difference clouds on two of the layers here.

step 5

Now apply a stained glass texture to each layer by selecting filter>texture>stained glass.  Here are the settings I've used for each layer.  You can use what ever settings you'd like, just be sure to use a wide variety of settings between the layers.

step 6

Now set the opacity and blending of each layer.  Again, you can use whatever settings you like.  I set the layer 2 blending mode to overlay and all others above it to multiply.  Then i set the opacity of layers to "random" settings.

when you're done, you should have something like this.

step 7

Now add some color.  Select a layer and press ctrl+u.  Select colorize and then adjust the slider until you get a color you like.

step 8

repeat step 7 with all the other layers.  Here, I've applied the same color to each layer.

step 9

now add some brightness/contrast to give the image some glow.

example

here's a quick render using this background.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:43:52 am by Taurus »

Were you parents related? Like before they were married?

Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.

2012 JCW Mini Hardtop

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc