270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Home Run Derby/All Star Game  (Read 2951 times)

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
Home Run Derby/All Star Game
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:36:57 am »
So, I didn't catch all of it, but what I did catch was Josh Hamilton hitting 28 out of the park in one "at bat"  All I have to say is that place was going NUTS. 

I'm not a huge baseball fan (I think the game simply takes too long to play) but that was worth watching last night.

Oh yeah, and my Minnesota boy won it overall   :tt2:

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
Re: Home Run Derby/All Star Game
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
I love going to the games, but I just can't bring myself to spend 3+ hours watching it on TV.

That was a pretty impressive outing though.

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:46:08 pm »
Yeah at a ballpark it's fun to watch at thehouse it's way too slow. Anyone watch the opening when they were announcing the players, they took 20 minutes!!! Who cares, that's a whole episode of family guy right there.
One thing I don't understand is how they got injured. Was it derrick or alex from the Yankees that pulled a muscle running to first and then he's on the dl for over a week. Come on. I guess if baseball required energy and they actually moved, a 90ft sprint wouldn't cause an injury. Now i'm impressed by how the catchers can sit like that for so much of the game.
Y'all remember the instant replay issues a few months back with multiple homeruns not being counted. Anyone see the blown out call by the second base ump in the 13th? Glove didn't even touch him and at it's closest point the runner had already tagged. Well that was a horsesh!t call, funny thing is a few swings later there was a good outfield hit where the guy on second could have scored "had he not been called out" oh well baseball and hockey rank right up in the who gives a crap sports. I know hockey ranks lower than golf in popularity, haha that's pretty bad. Baseball has just way too many games in the season, basketball is bad enough with how many games they play.

Just Imagine how many rep points I'd have if I didn't piss off so many people.

DF Member  "But I'm not going to get to pissed at you, might need to sick you on some ahole one day"

Offline bikemancs

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonorArmy
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 09:29:50 am »
oh well baseball and hockey rank right up in the who gives a crap sports. I know hockey ranks lower than golf in popularity, haha that's pretty bad. Baseball has just way too many games in the season, basketball is bad enough with how many games they play.

Maybe in Texas, certainly not in Minnesota... Minnesotans love us some Hockey!

MAG-Tech Transmission Pan and Diff Covers, Isspro Gauges, UWS Tool box, Magnaflow 5" Exhaust, AFe Intake, Mopar Heated Seats

Offline RamItOne

• Awards:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 10:51:14 pm »
thats cause yall got lakes, a huge ass mall and nothin else to do lol

the "most popular" stat i got was from ESPN, they were talking about that during the stanley cup that hockey is behind golf in popularity. think it ranks 6 overall..

Just Imagine how many rep points I'd have if I didn't piss off so many people.

DF Member  "But I'm not going to get to pissed at you, might need to sick you on some ahole one day"

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:59:22 pm »
The only reason Golf is remotely popular is Tiger.

Take him out of the game and who actually watches.

I don't play golf, but just to see some of the amzing stuff he can do I'll turn it on.

With him out for the season, I can't possibly IMAGINE why I would watch golf.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc