270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: MY boats  (Read 3224 times)

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
MY boats
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:32:16 am »
my Checkmate 24ft 6.2 mpi 540hp 420ft torque supercharger tops out at 82 mph on gps 1/4 tabs DOWN i have to keep them down a little the hull can't handle the speed. with my drive TWO bumps up 1.5 second bumps up those of you guys that don't understand that I don't use the gauges anymore all by feel and how i raise my drive is hold the up button 1.5 seconds once on plane. then its planed out perfect my drive is fast 7 seconds and its all down to trailer position. taken the restrictor fitting off the pump.

my myspace page has video www.myspace.com/purplelighting  the Scarab next to me taping me. We was comming back from Downtown Chicago at 70 mph in two - four ft waves I get air once then I brought everything down. the other Picture I was almost 6 ft out from prop of the water I was in the air for a few SECONDS ruff day that day 3-6 footers Gary air show

the other picture is of my wife's boat lol Its a cruisers Inc. 31ft well that's the one we take out when she comes with. LMAO She hates her checkmate also YES they both are in her name. That pic is when I bought it. I bought it salvaged O.K. The people didn't come back to pay the bill and had it winterized and covered and never came back and I bought it on mechanics lien for $1000 no trailer. So I bought a trailer $2200 triaxle its on a duel axle in photos I was jsut borrowing it. Although I have had it out for test run starboard motor over heats fresh water pump is bad $39.99 X 2, Plugs wires cap rotor $375 both sides bellows and trim sensors $450 both sides. A/C unit Out of a different boat that was junk that I got too FREE. all I need now is my 5kilowatt generator I'm all good Oh its got a  hot water heater too for the shower. I have not taken the Family out on the big boat
and the big white Baja Is my bosses boat. its a 42 ft triple 502s 415 hp STOCK motors   nice boat like going to downtown Chicago air show with him. He don't push his boat so I don't have to try to keep up I can relax and just cruise then I didn't have the supercharger on it
RED 2004.5 dodge Ram 3500 qc long bed CTD

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
Re: MY boats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:10:29 pm »
Nice Boats  :up: I'm NOT Much for BIG Water, I've Had TWO Bad Times don't want to go for 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 04:15:24 am »
Holy snikeys dude. Nice craft you have there! Now you just need to move down here where you can rock them things 6 months or more out of the year! ;D
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:29:02 pm »
Nice boats! That checkmate must be a fun ride! Do you just cruise around Chicago or do you do long distances on Lake Michigan? I checked out your vids and it looks awesome banging away on the waves. I do that sometimes also but with a 14ft rowboat they don't need to be much over 3-4ft.  :lol:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:12:06 am »
Nice boats! That checkmate must be a fun ride! Do you just cruise around Chicago or do you do long distances on Lake Michigan? I checked out your vids and it looks awesome banging away on the waves. I do that sometimes also but with a 14ft rowboat they don't need to be much over 3-4ft.  :lol:
yeah it is fun when that video was taken I had the supercharger on two weeks and was taking it easy didn't want to stress it at the end when i took off i was at 3/4 throttle I still had I turn 5600 rpm thats rev limiter and i try to run 5000 that was at 3900. when i left him i was looking at my gps i was running 63-64 mph that was my speed before the supercharger and that was at 5100 so i have got a 1200 more rpm to go but it does 82.4 on gps at 5200

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:30:55 am »

:eek: HOLY SHEET !!!!  :eek:

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:40:39 am »
that is a nice boat.  its pretty quick for its size.   that boat weighs 14,000 triples 415hp each generator and AC all the comfort of home. it is really nice boat inside and out.

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:50 pm »
A guy I used to work for had a totally tricked out 40' Fountain. That thing FLEW !!

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:42:10 am »
A guy I used to work for had a totally tricked out 40' Fountain. That thing FLEW !!
did it have triples or twins my next boat will have turbines but i have to win the lottery first :( or hit it big in the stock market

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
I wanna say that it only had twins, but now I'm not so sure. It went through many phases ( I helped him build it )

It's been a while.

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 11:10:13 pm »
very nice!!! :up: hopefully we can get our boats runnin again

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 01:32:10 am »
very nice!!! :up: hopefully we can get our boats runnin again
Thanks Belle
What is wrong with your boat let me know maybe i can help

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 03:18:26 am »
dad bought a motor off ebay lol it aint runnin right

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline BigRedFireTruck

• Master Technician
  • Laughing my Balls off
  • Awards:
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 08:07:26 am »
I wanna say that it only had twins, but now I'm not so sure. It went through many phases ( I helped him build it )

It's been a while.
yeah if it was older it just had twins I've not seen older boats with twins. I was looking at a boat. it was a 85  scarab boat he did $75,000 worth of motors, transom, Xr Drives. the motors was a 6.2 mpi witch i have just one 6.2 mpi motor that is supercharged. that boat was faster then my boat he left me at 70mph like i was sitting still I didn't have much for him plus I  just got my supercharger on and wasn't pushing the motor. plus I need to change my unit to a lower gear to get more speed but the hull can't handle more speed. it porpuses bad I have to leave the tabs down trim motor all the time. I haven't found the happy spot yet  :lol: notice the throttle is all the way down and I have to keep my hand on it to trim
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:09:20 am by BigRedFireTruck »

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc