270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Jake Brake  (Read 19300 times)

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
Re: Jake Brake
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2009, 04:20:41 pm »
The description isn't quite accurate from them.

Orifice, wastegate, TOWmato, TOEmato......it the same crap.

The Pac-Brake has a seperate valve in the butterfly that acts as the "wastegate".

Sounds like nothing more than creative advertising......unless of course we get a chance to do a side by side.  ;D

Offline kenz

• Michigan Historian
  • Sportsman Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Coming to a state near you
  • Awards:
    100KContributing MemberDonor
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2009, 01:30:14 am »
Not sure what brand I will wind up with, and not ever having one in hand I have no clue which one is better than the other. I would surmise that one couldn't really go wrong with whatever brand they wind up with. But I do have an idea. If I do wind up with this brand, and if I can make it down in March (big if, as most of my summer vacation time is being burned up as I speak  :argh: ), maybe we can install it at that time or just study it to compare against the others. A few of you have detailed experience working with the Pac Brake on walt's truck, and possibly the Jacob's that is standard equipment on the new trucks. As for a comparison test, I don't know how to come up with one, other than putting a "test mule" in the passenger seat, speeding up, let off the throttle and see what kind of impact we get.  :lol:

2005 QC Dually 2wd CTD 6-spd. SRT-6, AEM Brute Force intake, Smarty Sr., D.O.F. shift knob, 5" to dual side exit 4" exhaust, Quad Scout, road kill kat, 2011 Coachmen North Ridge fifth wheel

I MAY BE OLD, BUT I GOT TO SEE ALL THE GOOD BANDS.....

Offline NickBeek

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Awards:
    Donor150k400 HPContributor
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2009, 02:19:44 am »
If you go with the US Gear I would go with the pneumatic actuator verses the electric. I could see the actuator getting cooked sitting right near the exhaust like it does. And Rich is correct the Pac uses a spring loaded valve in the butterfly that keeps exhaust bp under control. In fact the wording is almost exactly the same as you quoted from the US gear site...... :up:
2014 Ram 2500 Laramie, 4x4, 3.42 gears. Auto Trans, Crew cab, long bed. Window Visors, trifold bed cover.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc