Dodge Trucks > 5.9L Tech

Jake Brake

<< < (16/16)

Cumminalong:
The description isn't quite accurate from them.

Orifice, wastegate, TOWmato, TOEmato......it the same crap.

The Pac-Brake has a seperate valve in the butterfly that acts as the "wastegate".

Sounds like nothing more than creative advertising......unless of course we get a chance to do a side by side.  ;D

kenz:
Not sure what brand I will wind up with, and not ever having one in hand I have no clue which one is better than the other. I would surmise that one couldn't really go wrong with whatever brand they wind up with. But I do have an idea. If I do wind up with this brand, and if I can make it down in March (big if, as most of my summer vacation time is being burned up as I speak  :argh: ), maybe we can install it at that time or just study it to compare against the others. A few of you have detailed experience working with the Pac Brake on walt's truck, and possibly the Jacob's that is standard equipment on the new trucks. As for a comparison test, I don't know how to come up with one, other than putting a "test mule" in the passenger seat, speeding up, let off the throttle and see what kind of impact we get.  :lol:

NickBeek:
If you go with the US Gear I would go with the pneumatic actuator verses the electric. I could see the actuator getting cooked sitting right near the exhaust like it does. And Rich is correct the Pac uses a spring loaded valve in the butterfly that keeps exhaust bp under control. In fact the wording is almost exactly the same as you quoted from the US gear site...... :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version