270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: P0700 code  (Read 1648 times)

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
P0700 code
« on: January 05, 2011, 01:42:23 am »
Our 04 durango 4x4 hemi tripped the cel light.  I did the key trick and found the P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request) Translation: Transmission Control Module (TCM) Malfunction or Failure.

I'm going to go take it for a drive, the wife said it was running rough yesterday on her way home.  Tranny fluid is full and looks good.  Doesn't smell burnt. 

We did some driving over the weekend that was in snow/ice mix, so maybe some sensor is gunked up, or electrical connection corroded.

I did find that a scan tool is needed to find out what the actual codes are for the transmission, but also wanted to check with the smart folks here to see if anyone had anything else I could check.

Thanks,

Offline Motorbrreath

• Tech Certified
  • NASCAR Crewmember
  • Moosehead - in Montana its not just a beer.
  • Awards:
    TechMileHighDonor
Re: P0700 code
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 01:21:41 am »
disconnect the battery terminals, touch them together, reconnect them and go drive it.

lemme know what it does

1993 W250 12 valve
hx40, 75hp sticks, m4, 4000 gov, arp's , 60lb springs, electric lift pump, timing advanced, full power screw bottomed, smoke screw turned up, star wheel turned 2 turns.
Chris

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
Re: P0700 code
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 05:28:52 pm »
I'll do that today. 

I drove it yesterday and it drove just fine.  I did notice a ground strap that went from the exhaust to the frame, it was hanging really low, I lifted it up and out of the way.  The connection at the exhaust broke...looks like from rust, but it was dark out.

Thanks for the idea, I'll post up what I find.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc