270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 01 2wd v6 transmission  (Read 1542 times)

Offline 01Ram3.slow

• Awards:
01 2wd v6 transmission
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:53:36 pm »
Hey guys new to the forum. I have never owned a v6 ram but the one i picked up is 100% rust free and couldn't pass up the price i was offered for it. Rust free frame/body everything is in immaculate condition. But there is a problem. A. Unsure if the truck has the 42 or 46RE A/T and my issue is really weird.....some days the truck will run 100% fine and thw trans wont "slip". I can park it and come out an hr later and in "D" from a stop sign or stop light it wont budge just high revs......so my question is this. If it seems to be an intermittent issue i have the trans pan off i was going to try to adj the bands both front and rear but im kinda excluding a TC issue as if it was it would be a continuous issue not intermittent. Any help would be appreciated so i can get this truck back on the road confidently.
"Just f*ckin send it!"

Offline delvert

• Awards:
Re: 01 2wd v6 transmission
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:28:05 am »
Hey, there! Have you ever figured it out what causes the high revs? We'll be working on a '99 Ram right after we finished installing the new tires, super lift and some brake job on the current Jeep project. The Ram seems to have tc issue which is also discussed around the net.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc