270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Dodge Dart name is coming back  (Read 4835 times)

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
Re: Dodge Dart name is coming back
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58:40 am »
Did you just admit to having a bff Jon?
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 04:37:44 am »
My bff

Man Card Violation!  Hand it over!

2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 05:30:18 am »
:lol:

So glad others reached out to take your card to Jon

:lol:

I love ya brother ... just not a manly thing to say

Almost as bad as the Marine in full dress @ the BX the other day ... walking around holding his hat in one hand ... with his wifes purse slung over his arm too ... just wrong ... wrong wrong wrong

:D
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline SH0K0TA

• "when in doubt... pinky out"
  • Service Manager
  • Awards:
    ContributorLay'n LowHigh Mile ClubEMT
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 06:12:09 am »
well the dart, for a few years, had a smaller body. I don't remember which years though... so imo I don't see this being as such a stretch.

I honestly like the idea of dodge entering into the small car world... and to rebuttle kelsey's comment (with all due respect) the civic never had a turbo option.

I think the teaser pics make the car look badass. But b4 I would go looking for one, i'd need numbers regarding. Price

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Your truck is almost as cool as my MINI Cooper S!
  • Awards:
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 06:13:42 am »
I took that card away YEARS ago when he wore my Tinkerbell sweatshirt that had Tinkerbell embroidered in pink on the front and the word Tink in green rhinestones on the back.....  Yes- I have a picture of this. And there was this other time I was folding laundry and I looked up to see him wearing a pair of my plaid knee length shorts. THEN he decided to see if he fit in my jeans... Sadly- no pictures of that
Why yes, I do drive a 2009 MINI Cooper S.

I am definitely a Smidget**

**A cute, small midget

Offline REDR6

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    Marine Corp
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:13 am »
^Those things are made up...

I could go on for days about how manly I am, but who cares. This is just the interwebs... :pics:
Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!

I think life is too short to spend your time working someplace where people don't crap their pants at the mere sight of you.

2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto!

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »
ooooh touchy Jon.. Remember, some of us have met you in person many times.. lol
not just the interwebs
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline REDR6

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    Marine Corp
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:26 pm »
ooooh touchy Jon.. Remember, some of us have met you in person many times.. lol
not just the interwebs
Yup. What do I care if someone thinks I'm gay though? I mean, I DO have great fashion sense...

I think life is too short to spend your time working someplace where people don't crap their pants at the mere sight of you.

2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto!

Offline Southern Belle

• Lounge Moderator
  • Master Technician
  • Awards:
    DonorLay'n LowHigh Mile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 01:15:23 am »
well the dart, for a few years, had a smaller body. I don't remember which years though... so imo I don't see this being as such a stretch.

I honestly like the idea of dodge entering into the small car world... and to rebuttle kelsey's comment (with all due respect) the civic never had a turbo option.

I think the teaser pics make the car look badass. But b4 I would go looking for one, i'd need numbers regarding. Price

one of the worst things dodge ever did was discontinue the neon ... in all honesty id buy the new dart i miss my lil neon

_(O|||||||O)_

Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour turns out to be a retard in tin foil.

Offline Verrucktwolf

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 03:30:34 am »

one of the worst things dodge ever did was discontinue the neon ... in all honesty id buy the new dart i miss my lil neon

I completely agree Kelsey.  Granted, I like my Caliber but it doesn't compare to my old Neon.  I just hope they don't use the same CVT transmission as in the Caliber as it will severely limit the aftermarket tuning.  I'm so wishing I'd gone with a 5-spd.

From what I'm seeing of the pics, I think it looks pretty good.  Can't wait to see the interior next week. 
2003 Neon SXT, Flowmaster Exhaust, 16" Fittipaldi Flame rims wrapped in Continental ContiProContact tires

Offline Lobster

• Master Technician
  • Your truck is almost as cool as my MINI Cooper S!
  • Awards:
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 03:33:30 am »
^Those things are made up...

I could go on for days about how manly I am, but who cares. This is just the interwebs... :pics:

HA! That was when we were driving into Vegas on our trek out to NC.

I have to agree with Tommy- People have met you in person... You do things that are a little on the fabulous side....
Why yes, I do drive a 2009 MINI Cooper S.

I am definitely a Smidget**

**A cute, small midget

Offline SH0K0TA

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 05:15:55 am »
I believe losing the neon and putting the caliber in its place was dodge shooting themselvesin both feet...

The neon was great for what it was worth.... then the srt-4 and then it was further securing its place on the coffin list..

The caliber was eh to begin with, then the srt-4, which was slower in the 1/4 than the neon, made ppl not wanna get one.

I'm interested in seeing the interior as well.

Offline SH0K0TA

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 05:30:13 am »

I completely agree Kelsey.  Granted, I like my Caliber but it doesn't compare to my old Neon.  I just hope they don't use the same CVT transmission as in the Caliber as it will severely limit the aftermarket tuning.  I'm so wishing I'd gone with a 5-spd.

From what I'm seeing of the pics, I think it looks pretty good.  Can't wait to see the interior next week.

the trans will be the Fiat-sourced 6-speed TCT (Twin Clutch Transmission) front-wheel-drive transmission, but by 2013.. when the Dart is suppose to be released it will have the new 9-speed transmission built in South Carolina by ZF Group.

Source is Autonews.com. here's the link on worldcarfans:  http://www.worldcarfans.com/111120838840/2013-dodge-dart-will-have-9-speed-automatic-trans-enabling

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111120838840/2013-dodge-dart-will-have-9-speed-automatic-trans-enabling#ixzz1g6R6dQAk

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111120838840/2013-dodge-dart-will-have-9-speed-automatic-trans-enabling#ixzz1g6QwRgzA

Offline REDR6

• Master Technician
  • Awards:
    Marine Corp
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 01:47:48 pm »
So from everything I'm hearing, the dart will be a very small economy type car?

2001 Ram 2500 4x4 auto!

Offline SH0K0TA

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »
yes, 4 door small car. in the running with focus, civic, etc....

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc