270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Proportioning valve  (Read 1421 times)

Offline moparguy

• Awards:
Proportioning valve
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:53:57 am »
On my 02 Durango the rear brakes still grab, i was wondering about the proportioning valve, Is there a way to check it ? Where is it ? & is there a way to reset it ?
                                                                                                        Thanks

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
Re: Proportioning valve
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:01:38 am »
the valve should be mounted to the frame below the brake booster, unfourtunately theres no way to check it, but they rarely go bad, are you sure theres nothing wrong in the back? if they're drums a bad return spring could cause grabbing, or a caliper problem on disc...

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline moparguy

• Awards:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:18:37 pm »
Hi Batman, I had the rears apart yesterday , Cleaned and checked every thing but the right wheel still grabs. The left wheel did grab today but it is usually the right when i push the brake it drags even on pavement.
                                                                                                                                      Thanks for the reply

Offline aka_chewy

• NASCAR Crewmember
  • Awards:
    Donor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:21:50 pm »
Did you check the wheel cylinder?  The other thing I've seen is the rubber brake line from the caliper/wheel cylinder to the hard line cause it.  From the outside, the line looks fine, but inside the line has swelled causing the brake fluid to release very slowly, or not at all. 

I had an 00 durango and the issue was the wheel cylinder. 

Offline moparguy

• Awards:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 07:35:16 pm »
Hi Aka_Chewy, I checked the Cylinder this morning and seen that one side went back in alot faster than the other , so i'll try that.
                                                                Thanks for the help

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc