270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Low speed output sensor replacement  (Read 2006 times)

Offline OWL'So7

• Sr Technician
  • Awards:
    ContributorDonorUSMCFF
Low speed output sensor replacement
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:25:04 pm »
had an issue with the truck not wanting to shift out of first gear this weekend headin home from work.  felt like it was hangin in first and then when it would finally shift it would shift hard into second and throw a CEL.  this was the code that came up on the smarty

i got the sensor from autozone.  i gave them the year of my truck, make and model and they said they didn't have any for an 07.  asked them to check an 05 and they had it.  exact same sensor as on the 07's.  just somthing to keep in the back of your mind when orderin parts.  thanks anthony.  this is the part #

next step is to crawl under and locate the speed sensor.  it is on the very back of the transmission right before the transfer case on the driver side above the trans crossmember.  the only tool you'll need to remove it is an adjustable wrench.  remove the wire adapter from the sensor.  its just a lift tab holding it on so now screw drivers or special tools needed.  i put it up around the 4 wheel drive linkage to keep it out of the way.  when i took the sensor out, i wasn't sure if any fluid would come out so i had a catch pan under there just in case.  only a few drops came out and the pan wasn't needed.

next, take your adjustable wrench and adjust it to fit the sensor.  its just snugged on so there was no need to go mongo on it :up:

take the new sensor and place it in the port, hand tighten it and then go a half turn with the wrech and your set(again, dont get crazy tight on it.  the sensor housing is made of plastic).  place the wire adapter in the new sensor and clean up the few drops of trans fluid and your done.  heres the finished product

hook the smarty back up, clear the code and go on about your business.  hope this helps someone out there
mama tried

Offline Kilch123

• Mechanical God!!!
  • Thanks Pat and Adam!!!
  • Awards:
    DECEMBER ROTM 2011Mile High500 HPDistinguishedTech CertifiedDonorAir Force
Re: Low speed output sensor replacement
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:27:12 pm »
Sweet

Nice write up Denny - glad you could get that fixed easy enough  :up:
***Currently at Smokin Okie Diesel - Enid OK***
99 3500QCLB 6x6 5 Speed - D Tech Twins,SB DD3600,Adrenaline/Pulse,Smarty,DDP 110's,Hamilton's,ARP Studs,Airdog,CFE+,Silverline4",Mag-Hytec F/R,Amsoil-B2B,Isspro Performax Boost/EGT & Fuel-pillar mount,2Low Mod,BD SBS and Short Shifter, All LED

516/1127     9/18/09
14.788/93.78  8/8/09

If You Are Not Willing To Stand Behind Our Troops, Please Feel Free To Stand In Front Of Them!

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc