270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: Something of Interest  (Read 2180 times)

Offline 1ACarlos

• Oil Changer
  • Awards:
Something of Interest
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »

Offline mayfair

• Master Smartazz!!!
  • Shade Tree Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Last 8 - w j 1 8 7 6 2 5
  • Awards:
    rotm200k400 HPShade TreeContributorDonor
Re: Something of Interest
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:29:21 pm »
Pretty cool! :up:

This pretty much summed it up:

It certainly surprised the heck out of me that a clogged air filter doesn’t seem to effect a fuel injected vehicle’s fuel economy, though I’m not surprised that it kills every single hope of performance.  Does this mean you shouldn’t change your filter? Not really.  It just means that if you changed it recently in your Subaru with hopes of getting better gas mileage, you may be disappointed.  Sorry me.  The good news is that if you change your story a bit and tell yourself that you bought the fresh new air filter for better throttle response (obviously), you instantly feel better about the purchase. Phew.

Offline RoaminGnome

• Master Technician
  • Chrome hating gnome!
  • Awards:
    High Mile
Re: Something of Interest
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:12:39 pm »
Pretty cool! :up:

This pretty much summed it up:

It certainly surprised the heck out of me that a clogged air filter doesn’t seem to effect a fuel injected vehicle’s fuel economy, though I’m not surprised that it kills every single hope of performance.  Does this mean you shouldn’t change your filter? Not really.  It just means that if you changed it recently in your Subaru with hopes of getting better gas mileage, you may be disappointed.  Sorry me.  The good news is that if you change your story a bit and tell yourself that you bought the fresh new air filter for better throttle response (obviously), you instantly feel better about the purchase. Phew. [/b]

:lol:

That is very interesting tho, thanks for posting that :)
:fwin: <--- just says i all :D

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc