270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: The location where hopes and dreams are lost VOL-3  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Drew

• I'm a verb, ask me how you can drew
  • Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonor400 HPArmyTechCert
The location where hopes and dreams are lost VOL-3
« on: March 12, 2018, 09:28:37 pm »
Here we go again, the next installment of the saga between an awesome engine which has been turned up just a hair, the transmission that can handle it, and the clutch that says "wait a sec guys, let's take a break".

Rewind two weeks ago, Crash and I we're heading home from another adventure, this one took us to Virginia for two months. While there all was well and everyone involved did their part. However, as luck would have it on the way home Mr. Clutch decided to loose his lunch in rush hour traffic in Atlanta GA 45 min from home. A not so nice pop and clunk followed by what could best be described as what an unbalanced washing machine feels like, something is not right. Fortunately enough of Mr. Clutch held together long enough to make it home.

Seeing as I am not done with my adventure as Texas is still in the future, Crash had to be parked. For a long agonizing two weeks Crash sat parked in the driveway he knows very well waiting for his operator Drew to come home and fix what ails him. Then when the Drew does come home he can only dig half way to diagnose the extent of the damage. Yes, there are small issues that have developed over time that will be addressed, but knowing the issue is being worked let's me know hitting the road again is in the future.

So here, waiting for the third time Mr. Transmission to come out and repair Mr. Clutch's issues. Will this be the last time, no one knows, but what ever will happen will be an adventure.

:banging: :Mechanic: :$: :$: :$:

So to blow some steam off I found a range here in Texas and have been hitting it. While I enjoy range time this experience was not so enjoyable. I was able to snag a brand new Trijicon RMR for my G34 for DIRT CHEAP. So I put it on and to the range I went. All giddy about having this thing on there I squeeze off the first round only to be hit in the head with said RMR :scratch:. Apparently the correct screws were not used :argh:. That has since been corrected. . .will be testing and zeroing tomorrow :gunsmilie:

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: The location where hopes and dreams are lost VOL-3
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 04:56:54 pm »
oh dear goodness Drew ~~ if it wasn't for BAD luck... you wouldn't have any luck at all  :rotflol: :lol:

How in the hell did the sight come off?!?!  That's a good one.

You gonna figure out how to install a quick release on that trans this time :P  Some day you are going to work out the magic recipe for you're combo and then everyone is going to follow your lead :)
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Drew

• I'm a verb, ask me how you can drew
  • Tech Certified
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!
  • Awards:
    100krotmDonor400 HPArmyTechCert
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 12:49:54 pm »
Found out the clutch had an alignment pin malfunction and cause quite the stirr in it.

Got Crash put together yesterday and did a test drive on the new clutch. All is well, now just need to break it in.

I do have to say and I'm knocking in wood with this, Crash has not put me on the side of the road stranded. I've been able to fix the issue quickly and get back going, or gotten to a place where the issue could be fixed.

Drew [droo]

-verb
1. pt. of draw
2. to procrastinate on and talk about the need to upgrade stock parts while operating said parts to beyond the point of failure

Offline Smitty

• Service Manager
  • Awards:
    100KDonorUSAF
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 02:26:40 pm »
 :2cool:
2017 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 CTD
2016 Heritage Glen 272RLS

Offline wavepraiser84

• Awards: