270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1829 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: 2 din dash piece  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Barnyard

• Gas Pumper
  • GO VOLS!!
  • Awards:
    Air Force
2 din dash piece
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:18:57 am »
I'm looking for a 2 din wood grade dash piece for '06 1500.  Can anyone help?  THX   :helpsmilie:

2006 RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4X4, Blacked Out- Sprayed light covers, custom sprayed wheels, insignia removed- K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster, drop tube exhaust

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
Re: 2 din dash piece
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:48 am »
2 DIN?

Is that the small opening for just the radio or the big opening for the nav?
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Tommygunz

• 2009 Fantasy NASCAR Champ
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:30:00 pm »
Double din..

Barnyard.. contact member Part/Service Directly.. he will need like the last 8 digits of your vin and he can get you exactly what you need. Dave is a helluva standup guy like that.
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Barnyard

• Gas Pumper
  • GO VOLS!!
  • Awards:
    Air Force
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 12:33:23 am »
The small opening for the radio Lilfroger.  It's currently 1 din.  I'm looking at a 2 din GPS/stereo/DVD piece of badass.  They make the wood grain that I need in 2 din.  Will do Tommy...

2006 RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4X4, Blacked Out- Sprayed light covers, custom sprayed wheels, insignia removed- K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster, drop tube exhaust

Offline Tommygunz

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:30:26 am »
Also.. I did some research on this a while back..

You will need the double din dash console. There are however two different wiring harnesses behind the dash. There is a seperate one for the nav radio and a different one for factory non-navi. So when you order you new navi radio make sure you order the universal harness for the non-navi radio option in our trucks. I kn\ow your just a bb counter so if that goes over your head I can spell it out with bb's when I get back to work next week.

Also when you get to your project, there is a DIY for removing and replacing the console in your truck. it is a tad trickier than it needs to be.
2007 Mega Dually Laramie,Garmons Diesel Performance Tow Transmission, Edge Juice+CTS, Custom intake, Banks Smartlock & Exhaust Brake,Air Bagged Rear Axle, Kenwood DNX 7160 NAV system, Aero 4040xl, Bushwacker Pocket Front Fender Flares, Surco 50X60 Roof Rack, Homegrown Rhino'd Rockers and Bed, Functional Scooped Fiberglass Hood

Offline Barnyard

• Gas Pumper
  • GO VOLS!!
  • Awards:
    Air Force
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:57:07 am »
Tommy, Tommy. You tried to make a little funny.  Let's talk a little history.  Way before I was a BB stacker, I installed radios.  :ph:  That is all.  Oh, and maybe you should try to cross train over to BB's.  That way, you won't freeze your ass off in the middle of nowhere or sweat your ass off in the middle of nowhere.  If that does a fly by over your head, we'll talk about it when you get back to your temp job. I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S. :punk:

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 02:08:22 am »
 :popc: :popc:

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Offline Tommygunz

• NASCAR Crew Chief
  • Rocket Surgeon
  • Awards:
    ROTM400HPAFDonor
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 02:50:15 am »
Here's the thing that always got me about IYAAYAS...

If You Aint Ammo You Aint Shit..

Where should I begin? Grammitcally or litterally?

Aint is barely recognized as english, more slang. While it is understood by most, it is also looked upon as lazy and uneducated speech. Literally IYAAYAS says that if you ae not in fact an ammo troop your are not shit, therefor if you are an ammo troop, you are shit?

I jest however, its all in good fun, no Missiles does not have a similar saying you can disassemble and don't get me started on the EOD career field bastardization of latin to try and make themselves look cooler.

EOD uses, Per Scientam Servitia, ask and latin speaker or translator and they will tell you its just lazy and does not grammatically work that way, but sounds cool.

Just trying to help

Signed,

Temp

Offline Barnyard

• Gas Pumper
  • GO VOLS!!
  • Awards:
    Air Force
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 03:16:54 am »
All Latin sounds cool.  IYAAYAS is like saying you're the shit.  Except backwards.  You're not shit.  It's all slang and pisses load toads off which is why it's important. 

You know you wouldnt be temp if u werent a missile dude.  But since you are temp youre useless and u suck.  Just leave the cool jobs to us stupid BB stackers.  J/K man, it's going to suck when yall leave....  We get Bob...   

Offline lilfroger

• Administrator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • Not a "god" ... I just talk a lot
  • Awards:
    ROTMDonorARMYMOTY
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 02:21:51 pm »
The small opening for the radio Lilfroger.  It's currently 1 din.  I'm looking at a 2 din GPS/stereo/DVD piece of badass....

That's what I thought...sorry no help here :)
Install, Owners, & Service Manuals for many years & makes:
http://www.scribd.com/lilfroger

Offline Barnyard

• Gas Pumper
  • GO VOLS!!
  • Awards:
    Air Force
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 07:48:13 pm »
No worries.  1.5 din actually...  Anyway, need a whole piece... 

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc