270799 Posts in 19739 Topics - by 1830 Members - Latest Member: Simplesimon

Hello Guest
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Author Topic: no hemi info  (Read 2840 times)

handymanherb

no hemi info
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:14:57 am »
No body worked on a Hemi I guess. my brother needed some advice with his EGR and I told him to sign up here and check ???

Offline Tom Courtright

• Dakota Section Moderator
  • NASCAR Crew Chief
  • You can find me in the chatroom
  • Awards:
    Layed OutMile HighDonorShade Tree CertContributor
Re: no hemi info
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:18:27 am »
cummins or magnums mostly i guess

it aint low till it scars asphalt

Go Stupid Or Go Home

Offline Buford445

• Ram Section Moderator
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • I'm a little teapot short & stout
  • Awards:
    ROTMContributorDonation
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:24:14 am »
Have him do the DIY when you guys Fix It :whistling: :lol:

Thanks To HTS Transmission

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY
WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID ~BUT~THEY WILL
ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM
FEEL.

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 12:28:25 am »
Have him do the DIY when you guys Fix It :whistling: :lol:

That's where they come from.

Offline Cumminalong

• Master of Destruction - Breaker of performance parts
  • Official DOF Vendor
  • Mechanical God!!!
  • The BOMB'r
  • Awards:
    1100ROTYMember of the Year1 Tech
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 12:29:41 am »
Here, I found this somewhere else, I haven't read it though.......

The EGR valve is located in the front right of the motor, slightly below the alternator. It is about the size of a large bottle of pills with an attachment on it.
First, unlock the air filter cover and remove the air filter. Place a screwdriver in the ring sticking out above the air filter box below the windshield trim piece to hold up the air filter cover up and out of the way. The air filter box sits on three holders with rubber ends. Grasp the air filter box with both hands and lift straight up off the holders and out of the engine compartment. This will give you a clear view of the EGR valve and room to work as well.

Next, remove the wiring harness by sliding the red tab on the connector out of it's centered, locked position. Then remove the connector by pulling it away from the EGR valve.

The EGR valve has 4 bolts. 2 are 8mm and the other 2 are 10mm. Remove all 4 bolts, being careful not to drop or lose the gaskets on either end of the EGR valve. Removing these bolts is best done with a 1/4" ratchet with deep-well sockets or regular sockets and a small extension.

Remove the EGR valve and either replace with a new one or spray inside thoroughly with carbeurator cleaner or brake cleaner to free up the plunger action inside. This will break up the carbon on the inside, allowing the plunger that is in the valve to move freely, which is the likely cause if the problem. After soaking, it may be necessary to use a screwdriver to break free and exercise the plunger. Place the tip of screwdriver inside the opening in center of the EGR valve on move the plunger in and out. This may be difficult, so use spray liberally. Wipe carbon deposits off any area the will touch the gaskets and clean off excess spray.

Re-install EGR valve the same way it came off, making sure to reattach wiring and secure.

Note: If a check-engine light is on prior to replacing the EGR valve, disconnect the positive terminal on the battery and wait 30 seconds for the computer to reset itself. Reconnect the positive terminal and start engine. If problem persists, consult the dealer.

handymanherb

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:06:11 am »
Thanks that's more than I knew, now the Magnum I know as I kept my DAK running for 221000 miles, but I don't shit about a Hemi, except it will run off on me if I baby the CTD for weeks trying to keep the fuel mileage up.

Offline BlackTNT

• Steve-O
  • Awards:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 06:10:20 pm »
What did you need to know???
2008 Charger R/T Road&Track..Better than stock.

Questions, Concerns, Comments? Contact DOF Administrators
DodgeOwnerForums.com is not affiliated with Chrysler Group, LLC or Cummins, Inc